Deadlines and Presentation Dates:
GSCFP Girl Award Information
GSCFP BRONZE AWARD Information
GSCFP SILVER AWARD Information
GSCFP GOLD AWARD Information
TAKE ACTION PROJECT
The Girl Scout Gold Award is the highest and most prestigious award that Girl Scout Seniors and Ambassadors can earn. The Gold Award is awarded to an individual who successfully completes a project that is measurable and sustainable, impacts the community outside of Girl Scouts, and has a global piece. A Girl Scout must be in the 9th grade before beginning her Gold Award Project requirements and must complete them before September 30 of her graduation year.
The Gold Award TAKE ACTION project is the culmination of all the work a Senior or Ambassador Girl Scout puts into "going for the Gold." It is something that a girl can be passionate about—in thought, deed, and action. The project is something that fulfills a need within a girl's community (whether local or global), creates change, and becomes ongoing. If it is an event, it should be something that people will want to continue for the next year; if it is a service, it should be something that creates change or action with long-term possibilities, empowering others besides just the girl; if it is something tangible, it should come with a plan for use and maintenance within the community. The project is more than a good service project—it encompasses organizational, leadership, and networking skills.
The Gold Award is an individual project which impacts the community outside of Girl Scouts. It should be measurable and sustainable and have a global piece. A Girl Scout must be in 9th grade before beginning her Gold Award Project requirements and must complete her Gold Award Project before September 30th of her graduation year. Before beginning a Gold Award TAKE ACTION Project, it must be approved by the Gold Award Advisory Panel who meets on a quarterly basis to review proposals and final reports and to provide feedback to the Girl Scouts. Senior and Ambassador Girl Scouts are asked to submit their Gold Award Proposals or Gold Award Final Reports by the quarterly deadline. The Girl Scouts will be contacted by the Panel and scheduled for the Presentation date in their area.
After the Gold Award Final Report approval, the Senior or Ambassador Girl Scout has officially earned her Girl Scout Gold Award which may be presented at a Council-wide or local ceremony. The Gold Award Pin is presented to the Girl Scout complimentary.
Established presentation dates with the Gold Award Committee are provided for girls submitting a Gold Award proposal or final report. Girls may attend a presentation date at any of the three locations listed. Meetings will be scheduled every 45 minutes beginning at the times listed. Upon receipt of the proposal or final report, the girl will be contacted to schedule a presentation time during one of the pre-set dates.
All proposals and final reports must be submitted via the GoGoldOnline website.
Appointments with the Gold Award Committee cannot be guaranteed unless the Project Proposal/Final Report is received by 5:00 PM EST on the Submission Deadline.
In the event of GSCFP receiving a large number of Project Proposals/Final Reports we may add additional presentation dates, times and locations.
Deadline for Submissions
- October 26, 2017
- March 22, 2018
- May 14, 2018
- August 2, 2018
Presentation Dates with Gold Award Committee0
- Tuesday, November 7, 2017 in Pensacola
- Tuesday, November 7, 2017 in Tallahassee
- Thursday, November 9, 2017 in Panama City
- Tuesday, April 3, 2018, in Pensacola
- Tuesday, April 3, 2018 in Tallahassee
- Thursday, April 5, 2018 in Panama City
- Tuesday, June 5, 2018 in Pensacola
- Tuesday, June 5, 2018 in Tallahassee
- Thursday, June 7, 2018 in Panama City
- Tuesday, August 21, 2018 in Pensacola
- Tuesday, August 21, 2018 in Tallahassee
- Thursday, August 23, 2018 in Panama City
Gold Award Workshop
Gold Award Workshop will be required before submitting your Gold Award Proposal online. Check out our online calendar for upcoming workshops.
- Thursday, November 16, 2017 in Pensacola - 6:00-7:30 PM CT
- Thursday, November 16, 2017 in Pensacola – 6:00-7:30 PM CT
- Thursday, November 16, 2017 in Pensacola – 6:00-7:30 PM ET
- Thursday, January 18, 2018 in Pensacola – 6:00-7:30 PM CT
- Thursday, January 18, 2018 in Tallahassee – 6:00-7:30 PM ET
- Thursday, May 10, 2018 in Pensacola – 6:00-7:30 PM CT
- Thursday, May 10, 2018 in Tallahassee – 6:00-7:30 PM ET
- Panama City Service Center dates – Upon request
Don't see a workshop in your area?