Girl Scouts are happy and confident, and they thrive on new adventures and experiences.
A Girl Scout knows she's having fun, but you'll know she's also gaining:
- Important financial literacy skills (math, anyone?) as she participates in the largest girl-run business in the world—the Girl Scout Cookie Program
- Healthy relationship skills that will help her navigate through her school years, especially as she moves into middle school and high school
- Knowledge that will help her in science classes as she builds robots, conducts amazing experiments with her friends, or explores the natural world around her
- Leadership skills that will make it easier for her to speak up in class and advocate for herself and others
Girls become more empowered as they move through the Girl Scout Leadership Experience, a set of activities and challenges designed to deliver specific benefits to girls at every age level.
Underneath the fun, the Girl Scout Leadership Experience benefits girls in five important ways:
- STRONG SENSE OF SELF
Girls develop confidence in themselves and their abilities, and form positive identities.
- POSITIVE VALUES
Girls act ethically, honestly, and responsibly, and show concern for others.
- CHALLENGE SEEKING
Girls take appropriate risks, try things even if they might fail, and learn from mistakes.
- HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS
Girls develop and maintain healthy relationships by communicating their feelings directly and resolving conflicts constructively.
- COMMUNITY PROBLEM SOLVING
Girls desire to contribute to the world in purposeful and meaningful ways, learn how to identify problems in the community, and create “action plans” to solve them.
And it doesn't stop there. Joining Girl Scouts helps her excel in every area of her life, including at home and at school.